We love to have teams come to join in what God is doing here in East Africa. We all are called to be a part of the work of God. You may be called to do one of the following:
We encourage you to sign up for our email newsletters and facebook page, so that you can be updated on all of the things God is doing. This way you can pray specifically for various aspects of the ministry.
It is through the sacrificial financial giving of our incredible support team that we are able to continue to bring Biblical Education to East Africa.
There are three main areas where you can give:
- Pastor Training: It costs $5,200 to fully fund one Pastor Training Centers. This program would be the equivalent of a Bible College education in America for 20 pastors and church leaders. We are currently praying an pursuing accreditation for this program. Our goal is to do 14 PTC’s a year.
- Child Scholarship: Children’s school fees is one of the biggest troubles that our Ugandan friends have. We have partnered with Hannah Moshi Primary and Vocational School to provide financial scholarships to children in difficult family and economic situations. Many of these children have lost one or both parents. Primary/Elementary level scholarship program is $25 a month and for Secondary/Vocational level is $35 a month. To find out more, see our Child Scholarship Page
- White Family General Fund: Brian White is the director of East African Outreach. He and his family are here based solely on the faith that the Lord will provide for their needs. They do not receive a salary from East African Outreach.
We LOVE when people come to serve alongside of us. We (Brian and Jerilyn White) fell in love with Uganda and this ministry on a short term team. We truly believe there is no better way to catch the vision for what God is doing here and how you can be involved. There are several different types of trips you could prepare for to partner with us.
Types of Trips:
- Vision Trip: Some churches or individuals can bring a small group of leaders to come and see the ministry. The team can then report back and make a prayerful decision about how their church/organization can partner with us.
- Pastor Training Centers:
- Your team can come in to a Pastor Training Center to teach the Evangelism/Discipleship Course. We will provide the curriculum and guidance for teaching. The team would teach in the morning and go out for evangelism with the students for a practicum in the afternoon.
- Your team could come in to host a retreat/training for the teaching staff.
- Child Sponsorship:
- School assemblies, home visits, training or camps are all possibilities for your team to work with our child sponsorship program.
- Missionary Support: There are many challenges to serving on the field. Our support team and churches can send a team for encouragement for the in field missionaries.
We strive to help your team fit into the current ongoing ministry that East African Outreach is engaged in. We strive to use your teams gifting in a way that is the best fit for you and for our needs here.
We expect each team to undergo training to be able to prepare themselves for their time here. Each team member must do the following: